Decision Maker: County Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
This report will set out the treasury
management strategy for 2020/21 detailing how the Council will
manage its operating cash and how it will manage capital financing
and debt. The report will also set out investments held for
non-treasury management purposes within the Investment
1. The Treasury Management Strategy for 2020/21 (Appendix 1 to the report) be approved and that its provisions have effect from 1st April 2020.
2. The Investment Strategy for 2020/21 be approved (Appendix 2 to the report).
3. The Council require the Strategic Director for Resources to ensure that gross borrowing does not exceed the prudential level as specified in Appendix 1 Annex B to the report, taking into account current commitments, existing plans, and the proposals in the budget report.
4. The Council delegates authority to the Strategic Director for Resources to undertake all the activities listed in Appendix 1 Annex H of the report.
5. The Council requires the Strategic Director for Resources to implement the Minimum Revenue Provision Policy as specified in Appendix 1 Annex I to the report.
6. The Council notes the decision of the Leader to enable an option to make an early payment of pension fund contributions subject to the conditions set out at Section 7.24 of the Treasury Management Strategy being met
Report author: Chris Norton
Publication date: 23/07/2020
Date of decision: 23/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 23/07/2020 - County Council