A report setting out schemes for support by the Capital Investment Fund.
Portfolio Holder – Councillor Peter Butlin
Councillor Peter Butlin explained the schemes set out in the published report. These are;
Concerning project 3 Councillor Keith Kondakor expressed his concern over the number of fires at Traveller sites. He suggested that contracts concerning residents’ behaviour should be used. Councillor Dave Parsons agreed that behaviour on some sites was unacceptable.
In response, Councillor Heather Timms (Portfolio Holder for Environment and Heritage & Culture) informed the meeting that strict measures concerning behaviour are in place at maintained sites. However, there are occasions when there are unauthorised encampments on these sites.
1) Approves £0.238 million from the Capital Investment Fund for the purchase of Waste Containers at the Household Waste Recycling Centres and add to the Capital Programme;
2) Approves £0.810 million from the Capital Investment Fund for the replacement of 15 Bus Fleet vehicles (Home to School Transport) and add to the Capital Programme at a cost of £0.885 million, with the remainder funded from capital receipts generated from the disposal of existing vehicles;
3) Approves £0.660 million from the Capital Investment Fund to redevelop and upgrade three WCC owned Gypsy and Traveller sites at Griff Hollows, Pathlow and Alvecote, and add to the Capital Programme;
4) Approves £0.512 million from the Capital Investment Fund to create office space at Holly Walk, Leamington at a cost of £1.012 million, with £0.500 million funded from CWLEP grant and add to the Capital Programme; and
5) Authorises the Strategic Director for Communities to procure and enter into any agreements to give effect to the proposals on terms and conditions acceptable to the Strategic Director for Resources.