1. Agrees the addition of £7.820 million to the capital programme to deliver the scheme at Evergreen School subject to Cabinet’s approval to increase the number of school places.
2. Agrees the addition of £6.026 million to the capital programme to deliver the schemes at Oak Wood Primary School and Stratford upon Avon School.
All to be funded from Department for Education High Need and Basic Need grants and developer contributions.
Councillor Kam Kaur (Portfolio Holder for Education) opened this item and set out details of the four projects for addition to the capital programme, three existing projects requiring additional funding, and approval of a statutory proposal for an alternative provision free school in Warwick District as described in the comprehensive report and totalling £15.378 million.
Councillor Peter Butlin provided clarification that the total project costs of £15.378 million were funded by Basic Needs funding (£1.547 million), High Needs Grant (£9.956 million) and developer funding (£3.875 million).
1. Approves the following proposal for prescribed alterations at Evergreen School:
(a) To increase the number of places for learners with SEND at Evergreen School by up to 40 places.
(b) Recommends to Council that £7.820 million be added to the capital programme to deliver the scheme at Evergreen School to be funded from the Department for Education High Needs grant
2. Recommends to Council that £6.026 million be added to the capital programme to deliver the schemes at Oakwood Primary School and Stratford upon Avon School to be funded from Department for Education High Need and Basic Need grants and developer contributions.
3. Approves the addition to the capital programme of £1.532 million funded from developer contributions and Department for Education grant to deliver the remaining schemes in section 3 of the report and supports development of the land edged red on the plan in Appendix 3 to the report as a new alternative provision free school.
4. Authorises, subject to Council’s agreement to the required additions to the Capital Programme, the Strategic Director for People in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Finance and Property, to invite tenders and enter into the appropriate contracts or (where the scheme is school led) to make the necessary funding arrangements for these schemes on terms and conditions considered acceptable to the Strategic Director.